Technology gets better every day, tracking software included. There must be some way to track a mobile phone that’s easy and affordable, right? The good news is that there are several ways to track a phone, free and paid. You’ll need to tap into the phone’s GPS capability in order to track the cell phone’s location. This can be done for free in some situations, however, you still need to pay for whatever service you go with. Premium monitoring programs, like Highster Mobile, have a lot to offer and should be considered as your choice tool. If you’re not familiar with phone tracking, you’ll learn how it works and what the methods there are for you to begin tracking today.
GPS: All Smartphones Have It
The reason you can track smartphones, is that they come equipped with GPS tracking built into the hardware. It was developed by the U.S. government as a way to track the locations of soldiers anywhere around the globe. Today it’s commonplace technology in nearly all smartphones and devices. Whenever you share your location, or use Google Maps for example, you’re tapping into the phone’s GPS capabilities. GPS works by the device sending out a ping, which is picked up by a revolving satellite, which then gives the device’s exact location.
Who Would Need To Track A Phone?
Phone tracking is something the average person doesn’t engage in very often, but there are plenty of situations in which tracking a phone is beneficial. The following are some examples of who would track a device:
– Concerned Parents
It’s not uncommon today for children under ten to have one, possibly even more than one electronic device at their disposal. The days when kids would hop on their bikes and just disappear exploring the town. It would be tremendously advantageous to parents if they knew the exact location of their child at all times. Let’s face it, kids aren’t always honest with their parents about what they’re doing. However, pretty much all kids would love a shiny new cell phone. Take advantage of this twist of fate. If you had a way to track the phone that is surely going to be on them at all times, you could know for sure where they are, and whether or not they were being honest with you.
– At The Office
Tech, especially mobile tech, has an ever increasing presence at the office. It’s not uncommon for even lower level employees to be issued a company-owned laptop, tablet, smartphone, or sometimes, all three. Companies pay good money for the electronic equipment that they give out to their employees. They want to know it’s being put to good use. Tracking will let a company know precisely where their gadgets are.
– In The Delivery Vehicle
It would be hard to think of a situation better suited for tracking than the delivery business. Customers want to know that their items are on their way to them. Third party delivery services are a growing business. Even fast food chains now deliver thanks to outside companies. This sector will continue to grow. The need to know where a delivery vehicle is is very important to the very business model. Whether you’re delivering food or packages, tracking your fleet is paramount to know your deliveries are being made on time, and the customers are happy.
Phone Tracking Methods
There are several methods to begin tracking a target device. How you begin depends largely on what operating system you plan to track.
Utilizing Google is an easy, effective way to track a device. If the target phone does not have Google Maps already, go ahead and download it. Once you do, the process is simple. Since Android smartphones use Google, this can be your default method for tracking an Android device.
- Connect to WiFi.
- Go on the target phone’s Google Maps app (download it if you need to.)
- Click the menu.
- Go to Location Sharing.
- Click “Share your real-time location until you turn this off”.
- Share the location with your own phone.
– iCloud Location Sharing
If you use iOS devices, like the iPhone, you can share your location with friends and family members through the cloud.
- Tap Settings > [your name].
- If you use iOS 11, tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud.
- Tap Share My Location.
- Tap [family member name] to share with that person.
- To stop sharing your location, turn off Share My Location.
You can also share the location of another device on your plan.
- Tap Settings > [your name].
- Click Family Sharing > Location Sharing.
- Tap Share My Location > From.
- Select the device that you want to share from.
– Mobile Tracking Programs
You have the option of purchasing an app to track the cell phone you want. Most people are unfamiliar with this kind of software, and don’t know how it works. Apps like Highster Mobile make tracking activities easy to do. An Android and iPhone tracking app allows you to remotely access the important data from your own mobile device, computer, or tablet. You’ll have a way to access and save pictures, other media, emails, and messages. Simply purchase the program and you’ll have all the tools you need to be real cell phone detective.
Is There An Advantage To Using A Premium Mobile Tracking Software?
Of course there is! Tracking software gives you a way to track a phone, plus a lot more. Highster Mobile can give you access to not only GPS phone location, but to other important data as well. Highster Mobile GPS tracking is accurate up to within a few feet, and updated every ten minutes. Not only do you get a way to track a cell phone, you’ll enjoy remote access to the phone’s important data.
Highster Mobile Features
- GPS Tracking: Accurate GPS coordinates that are updated every ten minutes. You’ll always know the location of the target phone.
- Phone Calls: View the phone’s call log, along with date and time stamps.
- Keylogger: See all of the mobile phone keystrokes, which can get you the usernames and passwords to important accounts.
- Text messages: View all old, new, and deleted text messages, iMessages, and private messages.
- Contacts: View all numbers and email addresses stored to the device.
- Media: See all photos, videos, and GIFs stored on the phone.
- Emails: Read all sent and received emails, and their contents.
- Data Backup: Save pictures, videos, and other files to the user dashboard.
- Internet History: See what websites are visited on Safari, Chrome, and other browsers.
- Undetectable: The target person will not be able to detect that you’re spying.
What Cell Phones Can Highster Mobile Track?
Virtually all smartphones sold today use one of two operating systems, iOS for Apple, and Android for Samsung and most other brands. The good news is that Highster Mobile works with them all!
– iPhone (all versions)
- iPhone 5 – 1
- iOS 7 – 13
- Samsung, HTC, LG, Motorola, Google Pixel, and other Android phone types.
- Android 3 (Honeycomb) – Android 9 (Pie)
There are options when it comes to tracking a cell phone. You can use Google Maps or iCloud. However, using spy tracking software can have tremendous advantages, like the ability to see, and store other data and media files. Whether you’re a parent concerned about their child, or a boss wondering if your employees are using company equipment properly, think about how using a monitoring program to track a cell phone can benefit you or your business today.